[translations idioma=”ES” url=”http://rgnn.org/2015/06/08/guia-de-estilo-rgnn-leer-antes-de-subir-contenidos/”]
ROOSTERGNN is a non-profit news agency that promotes freedom of expression and independent journalism. The ROOSTERGNN Journalism Toolbox is an interactive list of resources for journalists and media professionals, aiding them in becoming better communicators.
Please read this brief style guide before uploading content via http://rgnn.org/upload.
- Check out the Topics of Interest here.
- Please use APA Style for titles in English.
- Capitalize major words. “Conjunctions, articles, and short prepositions are not considered major words; however, capitalize all words of four letters or more. Capitalize all verbs (including linking verbs), nouns, adjectives, adverbs, and pronouns. When a capitalized word is a hyphenated compound, capitalize both words. Also, capitalize the first word after a colon or a dash in a title. . . .” (Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th ed. American Psychological Association, 2010).
- Minor words that should not be capitalized, for example, are: the, a, in, from, to, etc.
RECOMMENDED WORD COUNT
- Recommended 500-700 words.
- Articles can be longer if you wish.
PARAGRAPHS AND SPACES
- Please break up your text into paragraphs.
- A maximum of five (5) lines is recommended for paragraphs.
- Please revise the amount of spaces, especially at the end of the article.
BULLET POINTS, LISTS, BLOCK QUOTES
- Writing for the web is not the same as for print media.
- Use bullet points, lists, blockquotes, italics to break up your text.
- Use “Heading 3” for subheadings within the articles.
- Check out this article for an example of breaking up text with subheadings and more.
LINKS & SOURCES
- Check your facts. Do not copy and paste from other websites!
- Please integrate links within the article.
- Example: ROOSTERGNN not ROOSTERGNN (http://rgnn.org)
- Recommended number of links: three per article, including one internal link (to another RGNN.org article).
- Do not include commercial links.
- Read this article for more information on how to cite sources and add links.
- Featured images should be 610 px by 406 px.
- Images should not look “sponsored”. That is, if you are writing about an event, do not use the event flyer as the image.
- Please use a descriptive name when uploading your jpg file (e.g. “Paris-Eiffel-Tower.jpg” not “0982394823.jpg”).
- In the caption field, include the caption, a vertical bar, and the name of the photographer. Eg. “Madrid | Adam Smith”.
- Make sure you have permission for using the images, or use Creative Commons. A guide on finding and sourcing images can be found here.
- If you are submitting an interview, please follow this format here.
PROOFREAD BEFORE YOU HIT PUBLISH!
- Check your grammar and spelling. ROOSTERGNN currently publishes content in Spanish and English. If you are not a native speaker, please have a fellow native speaker read over your content before publishing, so that the spelling and grammar is correct.
- Articles will not be edited after publication.
- At the end of the article, invite feedback via social media. Example: What do you think? Have we missed anything? Tell us about it in Twitter @ROOSTERGNN, and [insert #hashtag]
- Share your articles on social media after publishing!
PROFILES & AUTHOR INFO
- Please use your Author profile (http://rgnn.org/edit-profile) to add more information about yourself, including links to your social media profiles.