ROOSTERGNN Journalism Fellowships. 2017/2018.
ROOSTERGNN Global News Network (RGNN.org) and ROOSTERGNN Academy, both non-profit organizations that promote journalism education, are announcing their first JOURNALISM FELLOWSHIPS for young journalists.
The objective: prepare the next generation of journalists for the real-life responsibilities of working at a news agency.
The Fellowship will reflect the intricate dynamic of editorial meetings at a news agency, with Fellows pitching ideas for articles and publishing an intensive calendar of publications every month.
The Fellows will be supervised and evaluated by a Mentor Editor-in-Chief of the news agency.
Limited spots available. Open to all nationalities. Applications will open October 1, 2017.
Responsibilities of the Journalism Fellows.
Under the Mentorship of an Editor-in-Chief of the news agency, the Journalism Fellows will propose ideas and publish eight (8) articles per month in one or more of the following channels of the news agency. The channels open to this Fellowship are:
- Gobernanza. Politics, Economy, Business.
- Innovation. Science, Technology, Education.
- Espectaculart. Art, Culture, Sports.
- Glamour. Fashion, Lifestyle, Celebrities, Social Media.
- Travel. MADbudget and GapBrave. Travel in Madrid and on a global level.
Content can be published in English or Spanish. Excellent writing skills are required in the language that the Fellow applies to write in. Pitches for articles, interviews, feature stories, adapted for the web and optimized for SEO, will be considered. All articles should be accompanies by their respective visuales (images, photos, videos, infographics, etc.) for publication. Moreover, all selected Fellows will share their published content on their own public social media profiles.
Benefits of the Journalism Fellowship.
- Curricular journalism experience. The Journalism Fellows will acquire hands-on experience, working directly under the Mentorship of an Editor-in-Chief of the news agency.
- Mentorship from an Editor-in-Chief of the news agency. lThe Mentor will supervise the pitching process, editorial calendar and publication of the articles, as well as their distribution on social media.
- Fellowship Certification and Letter of Recommendation. Upon successful completion of the Fellowship, the Editor-in-Chief will issue a Fellowship Certification and Letter of Recommendation for each Fellow.
- Stipend. The selected Journalism Fellows will have the Right to a Refund of the Tuition Fee Amount of their Internship Seminar (maximum 3,500 Euros), recognized in the Fellowship Acceptance document, which will also indicate the payment method of the stipend, which will be made in two phases, 50% upon successful completion of the first six months of the Fellowship, and the remaining amount upon successful completion of the entire Fellowship.
The materialization of the benefits of the Fellowship will be linked to the successful completion of the objectives set out by the program of the Journalism Fellowship. To this effect, it is necessary that the Fellow obtain a Positive Evaluation document from the supervising Mentor Editor-in-Chief.
The Journalism Fellowships have a duration of twelve (12) months.
The Journalism Fellowships are open to students who have successfully completed an educational training program at ROOSTERGNN Academy in 2016 or 2017. All students who are eligible to apply for this Fellowship are published in the links below.
Those students who have been accepted for an educational training program at ROOSTERGNN Academy for the summer of 2017, but have not been published at http://rgnn.org/academy/class-of-2017, can apply for this Fellowship once they have completed the program which they have been accepted for.
The Fellowship can be completed remotely, from any location in the world. As part of the selection process, ROOSTERGNN will evaluate the writing skills of each candidate as well as his or her influence sphere on social media.
The Board of Directors will be responsible for the selection, admission or rejection of the candidates.
The application must be accompanied by an unpublished writing sample by the candidate, indicating the channel for which it is being submitted.
LEGAL NOTE. All Fellowships are subject to availability and to the selection process of RGNN Academy. RGNN Academy reserves the right to modify the conditions for Fellowships, and the updated version of the conditions will be available at http://rgnn.org/academy/fellowships.
The Editor-in-Chief has the right to terminate the Fellowship of any Fellow that does not meet the responsibilites in the time and form he or she has been assigned to complete them.
Note. In the event that ROOSTERGNN has provided you with a translation of the Spanish version of this document, you accept that such a translation is provided solely for your convenience, and in your relationship with ROOSTERGNN, the Spanish version of this document prevails in any case.
Updated April 25, 2017.
Apply now for your Fellowship!
Applications will open October 1, 2017.