Discover Madrid. Get published.
July 17 – 28, 2017. FULL.
July 31 – August 11, 2017. 1 FINAL SPOT!
August 14 – 25, 2017. FULL.
Tuition Fee: 2,000 Euros per Two-Week Module.
Open to all nationalities. Limited spots available.
Experience Madrid, Spain – and publish a travel guide, with your byline on all your articles and photographs.
You pitch your ideas for travel articles – and we show you all the tools for success at Editorial Meetings, Travel Journalism Workshops, Travel Photography Workshops, Mentoring Sessions, and Feedback Sessions with Experts and Mentors.
At the end of the Journalism & Photography Internship Seminar, you’ll graduate with a Portfolio of Published Content, published in the news agency, a Travel Journalism & Photography Internship Certification, a Certification of Academic Credit, as well as a Letter of Recommendation of Merit, if applicable.
The experience of a lifetime!
- Travel Journalism & Photography Program with RGNN Experts and Mentors (see bios here).
- Welcome Packet.
- Editorial Meetings. Students pitch ideas for articles. Articles are assigned.
- Group Mentoring Sessions, addressing the progress students have made on their articles.
- Group Feedback Sessions. Students receive hands-on feedback on their articles.
- Publish your own Travel Magazine!
- Each student will get to publish articles and photographs in the ROOSTERGNN travel magazine, published in digital format, with the student’s byline on all of his/her articles and photographs.
Travel Journalism & Photography Workshops. The program includes four (4) Workshops per Two-Week Module. View the complete list of Workshops here.
The Workshops will address the following aspects of travel journalism:
- Preparation and research
- Social media
- Other useful travel journalism tools
- Design & layout
- Publication and possible markets
- Professional development
- Experts & Mentors. The Internship Seminar includes the collaboration of prestigious Experts and Mentors. View list of Experts and Mentors for each Module here.
- Cultural Immersion Program. Each week, a calendar of cultural events and site visits will be announced. Students can sign up on a voluntary basis to take advantage of getting to know Madrid, its surroundings and aspects of the Spanish culture in more detail.
Important update March 15, 2017. Upon requests from numerous of our students, we are including housing for new Enrollments in the Internship Seminar starting from this date at an updated tuition fee. Students who formalized their enrollment in the Internship Seminar before March 15, can ask to book the added service by paying the corresponding supplement in the tuition fee.
Housing in furnished studio apartments selected by RGNN in the central neighborhood of Salamanca in Madrid, Spain. Thirteen (13) nights. Housing is shared in double apartments (2 individual beds). Each studio apartment has its own bathroom and kitchen, air-conditioning, as well as weekly cleaning and change of sheets and towels. The building moreover has wifi, 24 hour concierge, laudromat and dryer room, swimming pool and sundeck. The entry of persons foreign to the Program is not permitted in the houses. Alcohol within the apartments is also not permitted. RGNN will assign accommodation. The dates in which housing will be available are:
- Sunday, July 16, 2017 to Saturday, July 29, 2017
- Sunday, July 30, 2017 to Saturday, August 12, 2017
- Sunday, August 13, 2017 to Saturday, August 26, 2017
Academic & curricular benefits.
Completing a Two-Week Module allows students to obtain the following academic or curricular documentation:
- Certification of Portfolio of Published Content.
- Journalism Internship Certification specializing in Travel Journalism & Photography.
- Certification of Academic Credit. 40 hours per Two-Week Module.
- Processing of University Agreements and/or other External Documentation for Academic Credit.
Completing more than one Two-Week Module allows students to obtain the following academic or curricular documentation:
- Letter of Recommendation of Merit, if applicable.
Each Two-Week Module culminates in the publication of a travel magazine. Students can enroll in one single Two-Week Module, or in various — the Workshops DO NOT repeat themselves. Please see full list of Workshops here.
MODULE IV: Monday, July 17, 2017, to Friday, July 28, 2017. FULL.
MODULE V: Monday, July 31, 2017, to Friday, August 11, 2017. 1 FINAL SPOT.
MODULE VI: Monday, August 14, 2017, to Friday, August 25, 2017. FULL.
2,000 Euros per Two-Week Module.
Scholarships & financial aid.
There are currently 500 Euro scholarships for the Madrid program. Please apply here for a scholarship.
Financial aid is available for groups of students (e.g. if you are applying with a friend). Please apply here for financial aid.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Application deadline: Spots for the Madrid program are extremely limited. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will close once the program is full.
Selection process: The selection process is rigorous and includes a Skype interview for all candidates of interest. Previous journalism experience is not required, but a passion for travel journalism and/or photography is a must. Open to students, recent graduates, and aspiring travel journalists. All of the Experts and Mentors are bilingual. To participate in the Seminars, it is required that students have knowledge of at least ONE of these languages. Students can choose to write their articles in English, Spanish or both (English-Spanish).
Group size: Feedback at ROOSTERGNN Academy is hands-on. For this reason, all of our Internship Seminars are extremely selective and limited to 16 students.