ROOSTERGNN Global News Network (RGNN.org) and its Academy, non-profit solidarity organizations, support hands-on education and training for the next generation of journalists.
Thanks to the support of our benefactors, we are offering need-based scholarships for our Internship Seminars.
We hope that this scholarship policy will allow talented students, who otherwise would not have the financial means to afford the full tuition fee, to participate in our Internship Seminars.
Our benefactor, FACTHOUS, a digital communications and marketing agency and one of the primary benefactors of ROOSTERGNN Academy, is offering twenty (20) need-based journalism, photography and video scholarships for students participating in the following ROOSTERGNN Academy programs:
A total of twenty (20) need-based scholarships, of five-hundred (500) Euros each, for the above mentioned Internship Seminars, to be applied towards the final Tuition Fee payment of the program.
Available Journalism Internship Seminars and Scholarships:
- WINTER 2018 EDITION. January 2, 2018 to January 15, 2018. SCHOLARSHIPS OF 500 EUROS AVAILABLE.
- SUMMER 2018. July 15, 2018 to July 28, 2018. // July 29, 2018 to August 11, 2018. // August 12, 2018 to August 25, 2018. SCHOLARSHIPS OF 500 EUROS AVAILABLE.
How to Apply.
To apply for the scholarship, students must submit the following documentation:
1. Scholarship Application Form, available at http://rgnn.org/academy/scholarships. Students must meet the following requirements in order to be awarded the scholarship.
I.- Submit a minimum of three (3) articles on the RGNN.org platform. These three articles must be submitted via http://rgnn.org/submit and their publication must be approved by the RGNN.org Editorial Board. The selection criteria for the scholarship award are: originality, creativity, investigation and research, first-hand information, amongst other criteria. The topics can be on any of the channels that the agency covers (Gobernanza, Innovation, Espectaculart, Glamour, GapBrave, MADbudget). At least one article has to be original enough to be selected for publication. One of the articles has to be about an interesting aspect of the city in which the applicant is currently living in. See an example of a published scholarship article here: http://rgnn.org/2017/08/17/celebrating-my-acceptance-into-rgnns-2018-internship-seminar-in-madrid-spain/. Please read the contributor guidelines for more information on what type of content we are looking for.
II.- Share the published article(s) on all of his or her personal public social media profiles, mentioning and tagging @ROOSTERGNN (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin) and @ROOSTER_GNN (Instagram).
2. Internship Seminar Application Form, available at:
- CUBA: http://rgnn.org/academy/cuba-travel-journalism-photography-internship-seminar/#application
- MADRID, SPAIN (TRAVEL JOURNALISM, PHOTO & VIDEO): http://rgnn.org/academy/madrid-spain-travel-journalism-photography-internship-seminar/#application
- MADRID, SPAIN (DIGITAL MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA): http://rgnn.org/academy/madrid-spain-digital-marketing-social-media-internship-seminar/#application
All scholarships are subject to availability and to the selection process of RGNN Academy. RGNN Academy reserves the right to modify the conditions for scholarships, and the updated version of the conditions will be available at http://rgnn.org/academy/scholarships. Note. In the event that ROOSTERGNN has provided you with a translation of the Spanish version of this document, you accept that such a translation is provided solely for your convenience, and in your relationship with ROOSTERGNN, the Spanish version of this document prevails in any case. Updated: August 17, 2017.
Scholarships are need-based and available for individual applicants. We also offer need-based Financial Aid for groups of students, please click the button below.