RGNN.org, a non-profit journalism platform supporting freedom of expression, announces the launch of its 3.0 web version on January 25, 2017.
The history of RGNN.org
From its creation in 2013, ROOSTERGNN Global News Network has been supporting freedom of expression, with more than 700 contributors from all over the globe, publishing content in English and Spanish. From the need for hands-on training for young journalists and communicators, arose ROOSTERGNN Academy, with its first Internship Seminars in Madrid, Spain, in July 2016. In January 2017, we paved paths in Cuba, initiating our first Travel Journalism and Photography Internship Seminars in Havana and Trinidad.
Our new journalism education programs, both in Cuba and in Madrid, are accompanied by continually perfecting the content published on RGNN.org. In fact, the publication of the first #RGNNCuba Magazine, -a travel guide that students from our first Internship Seminar on the island will publish under the editorial direction of RGNN Expert and Mentor Benjamin Jones,- will form part of the cover stories for RGNN.org 3.0.
What to expect at RGNN.org 3.0
Based on feedback from our contributors, we are proceeding to implement the following improvements:
- RGNN.org: content in English or in Spanish. A separation of content will be implemented, allowing viewers to navigate only content in English or only content in Spanish.
- Verification of style and design. The quality standard of the published content will be improved. For this reason, RGNN will verify formatting of texts and images, not the content of the articles, which will continue to be of the exclusive responsibility of the author, as established in the terms of the platform (RGNN.org/terms).
- Increased sharing of content via social media and other digital communication channels. A content calendar and programming will be implemented, in accordance with the peak sharing hours on social media and other digital communication channels.
- Drafts, a section for beginners. A section titled “Drafts” is created for articles from beginners. The qualification or not of beginner will be according to the quality and level of writing of the articles submitted by the contributor. One way of improving one’s writing skills are the Internship Seminars of ROOSTERGNN Academy.
- Improved author profiles. In the 3.0 version, all authors will be able to appear, both in their articles and on their individual author page, with a photo, bio, links to social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+), in addition to a link to their personal website.
- Our Vimeo channel will transfer to Youtube. For compatibility and positioning reasons, the ROOSTERGNN video channel previously hosted on Vimeo, will be hosted on Youtube.
We are convinced that these improvements will benefit the development of the platform and that of its contributors.
We hope to see you soon on RGNN.org.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.