Christie’s is currently accepting applications for a paid internship program that will expose individuals to the art world and auction industry through hands-on experience.
Christie’s Special Exhibition Gallery at Rockefeller Plaza in New York City
January 15 – May 25, 2018
Depending on where the company and department are in their sales cycles, a persons’ tasks may include the following: administrative, research, cataloguing, assisting with sales, writing provenance documents, and other assigned projects. In addition to working in assigned departments, accepted individuals will also be required to attend orientation, auctions, and additional planned events throughout the semester.
International Candidates: International individuals may apply for a U.S. internship as long as they have the necessary visa status. Christie’s does not sponsor visas for any candidate for our internship program. All candidates must have appropriate work authorization (CPT/OPT complete), as Christie’s does not sponsor visas for entry level positions. Selected international students must be in possession of the following documents prior to their start date.
- Candidates must be undergraduate students, master’s students, or within one year of graduation from University, either undergraduate or masters.
- All candidates should be available for the entirety of the internship and should prepare for their schedules for the time and workload commitment.
- All accepted individuals must complete verification screenings.
- All applicants must apply online through Christies.com and complete the application titled “Spring 2018 Internship Full-Time” or “Spring 2018 Internship Part-Time”
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to learn Christie’s systems
- Highly collaborative nature
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Superior client service skills
- Experience with Research Libraries
Closing Date of Applications: November 24, 2017