NYSCA/NYFA is seeking to provide a New York resident artist with a $7,000 cash award to work on their own artwork that includes performing traditions in music, dance, and drama; traditional storytelling and other verbal arts; festivals; traditional crafts, visual arts, architecture, the adornment and transformation of the built environment; and other kinds of folk culture.
New York City
- You must be 25 years old or older.
- You must be a current resident of New York State and/or one of the Indian Nations located in New York State, and have been a resident for at least the last two consecutive years prior to the application deadline (2016 & 2017).
- At the time of the application deadline you must not be enrolled in a degree-seeking program of any kind.
- You must not have received a NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship in any disciplines in the last five years (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), and cannot submit any artwork samples that have been previously awarded a NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship.
- Fellowships are not awarded to interpretive artists such as dancers or actors; applicants must be the originators of the work; i.e. choreographers or playwrights.
- Artists that have been awarded five NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowships receive Emeritus Status and are no longer eligible to apply.
- You must not be a NYFA employee, member of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists’ Advisory Committee, an immediate family member of any of the above, or an immediate family member of a 2017-2018 panelist.
- Work Statement – 100 words
- Technical Statement – 200 words (optional)
- Excerpt Explanation – 400 words (optional)
- Cultural Statement – 700 words
- Work Samples – 10 digital images with descriptions and/or 1 to 2 videos and 2 excerpts
January 24, 2018