The 2019 program consists of 9 months formal and on-the-job journalism training. Start with one month in London, followed by exposure to one of Reuters’ other main reporting newsrooms or bureaus across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Reuters aims to work with up and coming talents who can tell stories from finance, politics, business, to social events, all the while providing new perspectives on different formats. As a global business, Reuters relies heavily on the diversity of culture and thought to deliver their goals.
- Have the legal right to work in either Europe, the Middle East, or Africa.
- Applicants must show a commitment to pursuing a career in journalism.
- Strong interest in the issues that affect companies, markets, economies, and governments.
- Demonstrated ability to generate original, relevant, and persuasive stories.
- Fluency in English.
- International outlook.
- Fluency in a second language beneficial, but not compulsory.
Cover & Benefits:
- Competitive pay.
- Secured placement in an EMEA bureau.
- Opportunity to network with like-minded individuals & develop journalism skills.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Expertise in a relevant field such as finance, accounting, law, business, or computer science.
- Up to 3 years of professional journalism experience.
- Prover ability to generate exclusive stories.
- Experience in multimedia storytelling.
- Expertise in data analysis.
- Understanding of social media impact.
How to Apply:
- Apply direct via Reuters’ career site.
- Ensure CV is no longer than two pages & written in English.
- Include a relevant Cover Letter.
Deadline for Applications:
November 30, 2018