Pact, a company that aids millions of poor and marginalized people discover and build their own solutions to better own their futures, is currently looking for a senior technical writer. Pact makes way for the creation of solutions that enable the poor and marginalized to earn a dignified livelihood and a healthier life.
- Head the creation of high-quality proposals.
- Facilitate technical brainstorming sessions for successful development of donor proposals.
- Act as an editor of proposal documents and materials.
- Lead or support preparation and delivery of proposal design workshops.
- Ensure quick response rate to donor requirements.
- Cooperation with the proposal manager, ensuring alignment between technical proposals, work plans, and cost proposals.
- Aid partner selection & engagement.
- Supervise a small team of technical writers and editors.
- Support project teams in structuring and developing key documents.
- Review, revise, and copy-edit project reports & deliverables.
- Master’s degree in international development, communications, or related field.
- At least 8 years of work experience in international development, or a relevant field.
- At least 5-8 years of progressive experience developing and writing successful proposals of more than $2 million.
- Experience writing successful USAID and, or DFID proposals
- Experience in one or more of Pact’s technical areas.
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills.
- Excellent management, communications, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with critical global development issues.
- Ability to analyse and synthesize knowledge into high-quality proposal output.
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously while still meeting deadlines and maintaining quality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage high-volume work flow.
- Experience managing a team of mid-level staff, including a mix of in-person and remote staff.
- Experience with a range of public and private donors.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with a variety of people.
- Experience in building staff writing skills.
- Fluency in French or Spanish
November 30, 2018