The Edinburgh International Flash Fiction Award is accepting submissions. Win £500 – the competition is open to writers worldwide!
- Make sure your story is 250 words or fewer. If it is one word over the limit it will be disqualified.
- Make sure your name does not appear anywhere in your story document. All judging is anonymous. Your story comes to use with your entry form. Both are assigned a number and there is no risk of losing track of who has sent which story.
- Make sure your file is in .doc, .docx or (if you must) .pdf format. Especially, we cannot read .pages or .odt files and will disqualify them. If you aren’t sure how to produce these formats from, say a Mac running Pages, read the guidance notes or get in touch with Dai at the address below.
- Your story should not have been previously published, online or in print.
- You may enter the same story in other competitions at the same time but if the story is selected for publication let us know so that we may withdraw it from our competition.
- The £500 prize is open to writers worldwide.
- Your story can be on any topic.
- Payment of £5 per story can be made by credit/debit card or cheque. After successfully completing the form, you will be taken to the payment page. Follow the instructions there.
First prize for this award will include:
Trophy commemorating the Edinburgh Flash Fiction Award Winner 2019
£500 cash award
Invitation for three short-listed finalists to participate in the Scottish Arts Club Short Story Awards Dinner to be held on Saturday 5 October 2019 at the Scottish Arts Club in Edinburgh.
A dedicated page to promote your writing through our new website.
The Scottish Arts Club will present one year free membership of the club to the winner of the flash fiction award and to the two writers winning commendations. Explore the Club and its many affiliations in other cities Please note this offer does not apply to current or former members of the Scottish Arts Club.
Complete the entry form and attach your story/stories
After clicking Submit you should be taken to the Flash Fiction Payment Page — if not, scroll back up to see what fields you need to correct. Use this blue link if you need to pay without filling the form.
On the Payment Page, select a method of payment and follow the simple instructions.
You will receive a copy of your entry via email from ‘wufoo’, a receipt email from CAF and, not long after, a formal acknowledgement from us.
Please get in touch with Dai at firstname.lastname@example.org if this doesn’t happen or if you have any questions about your Flash Fiction entry.
April 30, 2019