When students ask me for advice on what to wear to career and networking events, I always tell them: look up the location and/or event on Instagram (or Google in general), and see what other people have worn during previous editions.
In fact, I like to take this as my own fast track rule to figuring out the dress code, both for on and off duty occasions. And so, I look up places online and plan my looks accordingly.
When I came across L’Arlatan Hotel as “the place to be à [Van Gogh’s town] Arles,” I was immediately smitten by the photos. This can be a hit or miss – after all, anyone can hire a talented photographer and make anything look amazing. But the interior décor really did not disappoint, and I invite you to read my full coverage on Arles here. I couldn’t help but color-coordinate my outfit with my favorite part of the hotel: the stunning staircase.
For the full run-down:
- This teal dress goes way back and always brings me special memories because I remember wearing it during our first RGNN program in 2017 (with Barack Obama!) in Cuba – photos here. I have linked a close match below from L’Academie/Revolve. (If anyone comes across any maxi dresses with a halter neckline and side slit, please DM me, I am on the lookout for other colors and options!)
- The Chanel heart minaudière is sold out, but if you are looking for beautiful cage bag options, Rosantica just invited us to their showroom in Milan last month. Ever since I wore their heart-shaped bag to my pandemic wedding, Rosantica always holds a memorable place in my heart (no pun intended). I have linked another heart-shaped option below.
- Christian Louboutin So Kate 120mm pumps in gold – I already spilled the tea on the sexiest shoes on Earth in my previous column here.
- Celine earrings, another repeat if you took a look at my red ’n’ gold outfit here. I was in store at H&M the other day and saw these, they are a solid option for less.
- H&M hair clip. I have been looking for a STRONG hair clip that will hold my hair up forever. I found this months ago and stocked up on ten in gold and ten in silver, and glad I did, because it is sold out online now. The large clip in this set is the closest match I could find and another reviewer says the same thing: it is extremely strong and your hair won’t budge.
- Essie go-tos: one coat of Mademoiselle, one coat of Ballet Slippers, one coat of Fiji.
Shop my edit below, enjoy!
SHOP THE EDIT
Questions or comments? Follow me on IG @isabelevabohrer and say hi! See you soon!