Discover Madrid. Get published.
July 6-18, 2020.
Tuition Fee: 2,500 Euros (Core+1 specialization). | Additional specialization: 500 Euros.
All Internship & Mentoring Programs are open to students, non-students and recent graduates.
Housing in Madrid, Spain included. | 24-hour local emergency support included.
Program language: English. | No Spanish language skills required.
Open to all nationalities. Limited spots available.
The Portfolio Core: create your own portfolio, and publish it!
During the Portfolio Core, students propose, create and publish, if applicable, their own portfolio of works.
The Core includes:
✔️ Orientation. Meet your Editor/Manager, who will explain the academic requirements of the program.
✔️ Editorial/Strategy Meeting. Pitch your ideas for your portfolios.
✔️ Hands-on Confabs. Essential advice so that students can launch their future career.
✔️ Group Mentoring, Feedback & Editing Sessions. Get hands-on feedback from our Editor/Manager and perfect your portfolio!
Interactive workshops with RGNN Experts and Mentors.
As part of the specializations, students will participate in:
✔️ Interactive hands-on workshops with prestigious Experts and Mentors.
✔️ Past workshop titles have included, for example:
- “How to Cover a Press Conference” with RGNN Expert Benjamin Jones.
- “Street Photography Workshop with a Getty Images Photographer” with RGNN Expert Denis Doyle.
- “The Ultimate Guide to Online Journalism with Vogue’s Web Editor” with RGNN Expert Nuala Phillips.
- “Millenials, Logomania and Instagram” with RGNN Expert Paolo Scalia (Dolce & Gabbana).
- Digital Marketing & Social Media: “Behind the Scenes with Microsoft’s Xbox Social Media Manager” with RGNN Expert Daniel Terrado.
Site visits, Instagram city tours & more!
✔️ The program can be complemented with site visits to companies and organizations related to the subject matter of the Internship & Mentoring Program.
✔️ Past site visits have included, for example:
- The newsroom at El Mundo, one of the largest newspapers in Spain.
- The wide-reaching radio station at Grupo Prisa.
- The TV station at RTVE Spain, Spain’s largest television network.
- Finally Press, a fashion showroom that represents brands such as Stuart Weitzman, Levi’s and Tommy Hilfiger.
- A real fashion shoot with a fashion stylist from Vogue magazine, MAC make-up artist and NYT photographer.
- Internet República, a SEO and micro-influencer marketing company with amazing rooftop offices in Madrid, Miami and more.
- Matadero Madrid, a cultural center that welcomed Michelle Obama during her visit to Spain.
Included – your personal Insta-photographer!
Finally! No need to ask your friends to take photos of you for your family and friends back home. The Internship & Mentoring Program group is accompanied by a photographer who will document all the activities and share the photos with you, so you can use them on your social media and keep your friends and family updated!
Academic & curricular benefits.
Completing the goals of the program allows students to obtain the following academic or curricular documentation.
- Certification of Portfolio.
- Specialized Internship & Mentoring Program Certification. One Certification per specialization will be issued; should a student complete more than one specialization, he/she will receive more than one Certification.
- Certification of Academic Credit. 60 hours of academic credits for the Core + 1 Specialization. 10 additional hours will be certified per additional specialization, up to a maximum of 80 hours of academic credit for the entire Internship & Mentoring Program.
- Processing of University Agreements (Convenios) and/or other External Academic Documentation for Academic Credit.
- Letter of Recommendation of Merit, if applicable.
Housing & 24 hour local emergency support.
✔️ Housing. The Internship & Mentoring Program tuition fee includes central accommodations in the city of Madrid. The accommodations will be assigned by ROOSTERGNN according to availability of the different Academy locations in Madrid.
If you are applying with a friend and would like to be placed in the same accommodation, please email email@example.com to indicate this.
✔️ 24 hour local emergency support. The Internship & Mentoring Program moreover includes local emergency support: 24 hours, bilingual (English and Spanish).
✔️ Logistical & Academic Welcome Packets. Before the start of the Internship & Mentoring Program, enrolled students will receive a Logistical Welcome Packet via email. The Academic Welcome Packet, with updated details such as the updated schedule, will be given to students on the first day of the Internship & Mentoring Program in Madrid.
Dates & tuition fees.
July 6-18, 2020.
Application deadline. Spots for the Madrid Internship & Mentoring Program are extremely limited. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will close once the program is full.
Selection process. The selection process is rigorous and selective. Previous experience is not required, but a passion for your selected specialization(s) is a must. Open to students, recent graduates, and aspiring communicators. You will be asked to include a personal statement in your application, explaining your reasons for applying to the program.
Once we have received your application, our Admissions Department will evaluate it within five (5) business days. If you are accepted, you will receive an official acceptance letter via email, including instructions and more information on your upcoming program.
Tuition fee: 2,500 Euros. (Core+1 Main Specialization)
Additional specialization: 500 Euros.
Need-based scholarships & financial aid.
There are need-based scholarships available through our benefactors, please click here to apply.
Need-based financial aid is also available for groups of students (e.g. if you are applying with a friend), please click here to apply.
Please read the full program here for more information on payment deadlines, payment methods and exactly what is included.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org