RGNN Academy. Full program 2020.
Internship & Mentoring Programs in Madrid, Spain.
JULY 6-18, 2020.
TUITION FEE: 2.500 € (Core+1 Main Specialization included).
Additional specializations: 500€ each.
Limited spots available. Payment plans are available. Open to all nationalities.
ROOSTERGNN Global News Network (RGNN.org) and ROOSTERGNN Academy, both non-profit organizations, are accepting applications for their Internship & Mentoring Programs in Madrid, Spain, 2020.
During the Internship & Mentoring Program, students form part of an intensive, hands-on training program, coordinated by RGNN Editors and Managers, and learn hands-on from our prestigious RGNN Experts and Mentors.
The dynamic practical training program is composed of two (2) fundamental parts:
1. Portfolio Core.
The Portfolio Core, aimed at young communicators of all kinds: journalists, photographers, videographers, editors, communicators, marketers, social media managers, aspiring fashion, lifestyle and public relations professionales, amongst others. During the Core, students propose, create and publish, if applicable, their own portfolio of works. The Core includes:
- Orientation. During Orientation, our Editor / Manager will present the academic requirements and outline the work plan.
- Editorial / Strategy Meetings. Meetings in which students pitch their ideas and strategies, and receive feedback on their proposals.
- Confabs. During the Internship & Mentoring Program, our Editor / Manager will carry out various confabs, providing essential advice so that students can launch their future career in the worlds of journalism, communications and more.
- Mentoring Sessions. Group Mentoring Sessions and mandatory work time under the tutelage of our Editor / Manager in order to verify and guarantee the students’ progress in the creation of their portfolio.
- Feedback with RGNN Editors and Managers. Group Feedback Sessions in which our Editor / Manager provides verbal feedback on student presentations and projects. All work must be submitted within the deadlines established by RGNN to receive feedback.
At the end of the program, students present their portfolios for evaluation. The best works may be published, in digital format, on the RGNN.org platform.
Students can specialize in the following specializations.
- Journalism, Photography & Video
- Digital Marketing & Social Media
- Fashion Communications & Luxury Brand Management
One (1) main specialization is included in the standard enrollment tuition fee. The portfolio will be created on the main specialization chosen by the student. Students can enroll in additional specializations, up to three (3) specializations. See more information in the “Tuition Fee” section below.
As part of the specializations, students will participate in:
- Interactive specialized workshops with prestigious RGNN Experts and Mentors. Some examples from previous Internship & Mentoring Programs include:
- Video Workshop with RGNN Expert and Mentor Daniel Hernandez Terrado: “Behind the Scenes with Microsoft’s Xbox Social Media Manager: How to Make a Viral Video”
- Content Creation Workshop with RGNN Expert and Mentor Nuala Phillips Portasany: “Behind the Scenes with a Vogue Editor: How to Create Captivating Digital Content”
- Site Visits to companies, newsrooms, showrooms, and other organizations as relevant to the respective specialization.
All students of all specializations will also enjoy:
- Instagram City Tours focusing on cultural immersion, to get to know the city of Madrid and its culture, always documenting the experience for Instagram and social media.
- Insta-Photographer. The Internship & Mentoring Program includes the participation of a photographer to document the activities of the Internship & Mentoring Program. The photographer will make varied visual material available to students for their personal and professional use, as well as for their publication on social media.
- Final Evaluation of the Internship & Mentoring Program. All students must submit a final evaluation before the end of the Internship & Mentoring Program.
- Photo and video portfolio. All students must submit a photo and video portfolio documenting their experiences throughout the program. The best work may be selected for publication on RGNN’s diverse communications and social media channels.
- Graduation Ceremony. The program culminates with a formal Graduation Ceremony, in which students are awarded their Certifications and Honorable Mentions, accompanied by a farewell tapas reception.
CURRICULAR AND ACADEMIC BENEFITS.
Students will be evaluated continually throughout the Program, and remaining enrolled in the Internship Program will be necessarily linked to the student’s compliance of a minimum set of goals within the Program as subject to the Tuition.
Completing the goals of the Program allows students to obtain the following academic or curricular documentation.
- Certification of Portfolio.
- Specialized Internship & Mentoring Program Certification. One Certification per specialization will be issued; should a student complete more than one specialization, he/she will receive more than one Certification.
- Certification of Academic Credit. Students who have met all requirements of the Program obtain a Certification of Academic Credit. ROOSTERGNN will certify a total of sixty (60) hours of academic credits for the Core + 1 Specialization. Ten (10) additional hours will be certified for additional specialization, up to a maximum of eighty (80) hours of academic credits for the entire Internship & Mentoring Program.
- Processing of University Agreements (Convenios) and/or other External Academic Documentation for Academic Credit (optional and subject to approval by RGNN). Those students who wish to request the processing of university agreements (convenios) and/or other external academic documentation for academic credit for their university must submit all such documentation by the deadline indicated by RGNN. No requests for external academic documentation will be processed after this deadline.
- Letter of Recommendation of Merit. The Experts and Mentors of the Internship & Mentoring Program will conduct the evaluation of merit. A letter of recommendation of merit can be issued to students who meet one of the following requirements:
- The student has completed more than one Specialization.
- The student has completed one Specialization with Honors.
ROOSTERGNN follows a strict evaluation process for issuing academic and/or curricular documentation. Students must have completed all requirements of the Program to obtain any type of academic and/or curricular documentation.
All processing of academic and/or curricular documentation is conducted EXCLUSIVELY via email email@example.com. Academic and/or curricular documentation is issued via email in PDF format, within twenty-five (25) business days after the last day of the Internship & Mentoring Program.
LANGUAGE. English. No knowledge of Spanish is required. All Experts and Mentors are bilingual (Spanish-English).
LOCAL EMERGENCY SUPPORT, 24 hours. The Internship & Mentoring Program includes a bilingual local emergency support phone number (Spanish / English), available twenty-four (24) hours a day.
HOUSING. The Internship & Mentoring Program tuition fee includes central accommodations in the city of Madrid. The accommodations will be assigned by ROOSTERGNN according to availability of the different Academy locations in Madrid. Twelve nights.
If you are applying with a friend and would like to be placed in the same accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate this.
LOGISTICAL & ACADEMIC WELCOME PACKETS. Before the start of the Internship & Mentoring Program, enrolled students will receive a Logistical Welcome Packet via email with logistical information. The Academic Welcome Packet, with details such as the updated Schedule, will be delivered to students in person on the first day of the Internship & Mentoring Program in Madrid.
HOW TO APPLY. To apply for a spot, please fill out the following form: https://rgnn.org/academy/application.
To participate in this Internship & Mentoring Program, it is necessary to submit a personal statement explaining why you want to participate in this program and how you believe this program will help you achieve your professional goals (max. 500 words).
RGNN reserves the right to publish parts, or complete, personal statements in our news agency, website, social media, brochures and other communication channels.
Once your application has been received, RGNN will evaluate it within a maximum of five (5) business days. All applicants will receive an email from RGNN, notifying them whether they have been accepted or not.
- Tuition Fee. 2,500 €. Includes Core + one (1) Main Specialization.
- Additional Specializations. 500€ per Additional Specialization.
NEED-BASED SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL AID.
Please consult the following link for scholarship information: https://rgnn.org/academy/scholarships.
Please consult the following link for Financial Aid information available for groups of students: https://rgnn.org/academy/financial-aid
TUITION FEE PAYMENT.
The following payment plans are available for the Internship & Mentoring Program in Madrid, Spain:
Single payment. Once a student has been accepted by ROOSTERGNN, he/she will have three (3) business days to pay the full Tuition Fee.
Payment in three instalments. As follows:
- A deposit of two-hundred (200) Euros within three (3) business days once the student has been accepted by ROOSTERGNN.
- Two payments of 50% of the remaining Tuition Fee, to be made according to your application date.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Bank transfer (direct bank transfer, Transferwise, Western Union bank transfer, etc.).
All tuition fee payments for the Madrid Internship & Mentoring Program must be made in Euros.
Updated August 14, 2019.
View Spanish version here: https://rgnn.org/academy/internship-mentoring-madrid-spain/program/spanish/