Discover Madrid. Get published.
July 15-27, 2019. | Tuition Fee: 2,500 Euros.
All Internship Seminars are open to students, non-students and recent graduates.
Experience Madrid, Spain – and publish a magazine, with a byline on all of your articles, photographs and videos. You pitch your ideas for articles – and we show you all the tools for success at Editorial Meetings, Mentoring Sessions and Feedback Sessions with our Editors. Throughout the program, you’ll take part in interactive Journalism, Photography and Video Workshops with our prestigious Experts and Mentors. The program ends with a formal graduation ceremony, where you’ll receive your certification diplomas. Don’t miss the experience of a lifetime!
Housing in Madrid, Spain included. | 24-hour local emergency support included.
Program language: English. | No Spanish language skills required.
Open to all nationalities. Limited spots available.
The experience of a lifetime.
Editorial program – create your own magazine!
✔️ Orientation. Meet your Editor, who will explain the academic requirements of the program.
✔️ Editorial Meeting. Pitch your ideas for articles – and get your story assigned!
✔️ Choose your specialization. You can create content for all of the channels of the news agency:
- Gobernanza. Politics, Economy & Business.
- Innovation. Science, Tech & Education.
- Espectaculart. Art, Culture & Sports.
- Glamour. Fashion, Lifestyle, Social Media, Celebrities.
- GapBrave. Travel (Global).
- MADbudget. Travel Guide to Madrid, Spain.
✔️ Group Feedback & Editing Sessions. Get hands-on feedback from our Editor and edit your stories until they are ready for the magazine!
Hands-on journalism mentoring sessions & confabs
✔️ Kick-start your career – your Editor will show you the following tools of success at hands-on journalism mentoring sessions and confabs. Example titles:
- Crafting Your Story & Nailing Your Titles
- Journalism 101: Interviews, Quotes & Sources
- Ace the Pitch & Sell Your Stories
- How to Cover a Press Conference
- What Comes Next: Social Media & Sharing Your Stories
Interactive workshops with RGNN Experts and Mentors.
✔️ The program includes interactive hands-on workshops with prestigious Experts and Mentors.
✔️ Past workshop titles have included, for example:
- “Travel Journalism 101: How to Get Paid to Travel” with RGNN Expert Benjamin Jones
- “The Ultimate Guide to Online Journalism with Vogue’s Web Editor” with RGNN Expert Nuala Phillips
- “Falling in Love with Madrid’s La Latina: Street Photography” with RGNN Expert Denis Doyle.
- “Behind the Scenes: the Importance of Fixers in Journalism” with RGNN Expert Patricia Rafael Lage.
✔️ The program can be complemented with site visits to companies and organizations related to the subject matter of the Internship Seminar.
✔️ Past site visits have included, for example: the newsroom at El Mundo, one of the largest newspapers in Spain; Grupo Prisa and its wide-reaching radio station, or Matadero Madrid, a cultural center that welcomed Michelle Obama during her visit to Spain.
Included – your personal Insta-photographer!
Finally! No need to ask your friends to take photos of you for your family and friends back home. The Internship Seminar group is accompanied by a photographer who will document all the activities and share the photos with you, so you can use them on your social media and keep your friends and family updated!
Academic & curricular benefits.
Completing a Two-Week Module allows students to obtain the following academic or curricular documentation:
- Certification of Journalism, Photography and Video Portfolio.
- Internship Seminar Certification specializing in Journalism, Photography & Video.
- Certification of Academic Credit. 30 hours/week. Total: 60 hours of academic credit.
- Processing of University Agreements and/or other External Documentation for Academic Credit.
Completing more than one Two-Week Module allows students to obtain the following academic or curricular documentation:
- Letter of Recommendation of Merit, if applicable.
Housing & 24 hour local emergency support.
✔️ Housing. The Internship Seminar tuition fee includes central accommodations in the city of Madrid. The accommodations will be assigned by ROOSTERGNN according to availability of the different Academy locations in Madrid.
If you are applying with a friend and would like to be placed in the same accommodation, please email email@example.com to indicate this.
✔️ 24 hour local emergency support. The Internship Seminar moreover includes local emergency support: 24 hours, bilingual (English and Spanish).
✔️ Logistical & Academic Welcome Packets. Before the start of the Internship Seminar, enrolled students will receive a Logistical Welcome Packet via email. The Academic Welcome Packet, with updated details such as the updated schedule, will be given to students on the first day of the Internship Seminar in Madrid.
Dates & tuition fees.
July 15-27, 2019.
Application deadline. Spots for the Madrid Internship Seminar are extremely limited. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will close once the program is full.
Selection process. The selection process is rigorous and includes a Skype interview for all candidates of interest. Previous journalism experience is not required, but a passion for journalism, photography and/or video is a must. Open to students, recent graduates, and aspiring journalists.
Group size. Feedback at ROOSTERGNN Academy is hands-on. For this reason, all of our Internship Seminars are extremely selective and limited to small group sizes.
Need-based scholarships & financial aid.
There are need-based scholarships available through our benefactors, please click here for more information. Need-based financial aid is also available for groups of students (e.g. if you are applying with a friend), please click here for more information.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.