About the Scholarships.
The Excellence in Communications Scholarships are equivalent to a package of tuition fees valued at 10,000 Euros each.
Specifically, four scholarships are available in the following areas of specialization::
- Social Media, especially Instagram.
To apply for these scholarships, candidates must be:
- Currently based in Madrid, Spain, and be familiar with the city.
- Be based in Madrid, Spain, from July 15-27, 2019.
- Be available for meetings leading up to July 2019 in Madrid, Spain.
- Demonstrate a clear passion for one of the areas of specialization: journalism, photography, video, or social media.
- Have a positive attitude and a strong interest in RGNN.org’s mission to promote communications education.
- Previous experience with journalism, photography, video or social media will be taken into account. Work samples will be requested.
- Previous teaching experience, e.g. as a teaching assistant, will be taken into account.
- Languages: must be fluent in English. Advanced Spanish skills are required.
Benefits & Requirements
Scholarship recipients will have access to the following curricular and academic benefits:
- Attend all four of our Internship & Mentoring Programs in Madrid, Spain, from July 15-28, 2019. The tuition fee of each program is valued at 2,500 Euros, meaning that each scholarship recipient receives free access to programs worth 10,000 Euros of tuition fees. All programs include hands-on Workshops, Meetings, Confabs with RGNN Experts, Mentors, Site Visits, Instagram City Tours, and more!
- Attend hands-on training cwith RGNN Editors, Managers and Staff before the start of the program.
- Networking opportunities cwith RGNN Editors, Managers, Staff as well as our network of global students, during the program.
- Graduation Ceremony to round off the end of the program.
- Letter of Recommendation upon successful completion of the scholarship requirements.
- Scholarship Certification upon successful completion of the scholarship requirements.
- Publication of scholarship portfolio on RGNN.org website, communications and social media channels, as applicable.
Scholarship recipients will be required to complete the following:
- Assist RGNN Editors and Managers in the daily activities and schedule of the Internship & Mentoring Programs.
- Pre-program meetings in Madrid will be required to plan this out.
- Create daily content in their area of specialization:
- Journalism. reate a day-to-day blog of the Internship & Mentoring Program, documenting all activities of all four programs. Create additional written content for RGNN Academy, e.g. interviews with students, interviews with experts, etc.
- Photography. Create daily photo content of the Internship & Mentoring Program, documenting all activities of all four programs.
- Video. Create daily video content of the Internship & Mentoring Program, documenting all activities of all four programs. Four fully edited videos, one for each program, will need to be submitted at the end of the program. Additional videos, e.g. interviews with students and experts, should also be submitted.
- Social media. Create daily content for social media documenting the activities of all four programs. Content should be specifically geared towards Instagram and can include photos, videos, Boomerangs, Instagram stories, gifs, etc.
- Assist students in their navigation of Madrid, Spain, offer advice on local activities in the city, and provide support in the case of emergencies.
How to Apply
Please fill out the application form below.
Candidates of interest will be invited for an in-person interview at the RGNN Headquarters in Madrid, Spain.