Boost your resume with a great adventure.
July 1-13, 2019. | Tuition Fee: 3,500 Euros.
An educational travel program to Cuba, in a historic moment, unprecedented and unrepeatable. Journalism immersion in the local Cuban lifestyle, residing in two of its most emblematic cities, both of them declared UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Havana and colonial Trinidad.
Training with Experts and Mentors, acquiring the latest Journalism skills through Editorial Meetings, Journalism Workshops, Photography and Video Workshops, Mentoring and Feedback Sessions. You’ll produce your own magazine about Cuba!
Upon completion of the Internship Seminar, graduate with a Portfolio of Publications, a Journalism, Photography and Video Internship Seminar Certification, a Certification of Academic Credit and a Letter of Recommendation of Merit, if applicable.
Cultural immersion and “people-to-people” contact at “boutique style” Cuban homes with Cuban families are the defining pillars of this program, which is complemented with multiple events, including site visits to local projects, city tours, and guided excursions. Airport pick-up, drop-off, in-country transportation, accommodation, food (daily breakfast and lunch) and 24 hour bilingual (English and Spanish) local emergency support is included.
Housing included. | Food (half-board) included.| 24-hour local emergency support included.
Program language: English. | No Spanish language skills required.
Open to all nationalities. Limited spots available.
A trip that you will never forget.
Editorial program – create your own magazine!
✔️ Orientation. Meet your Editor, who will explain the academic requirements of the program.
✔️ Editorial Meeting. Pitch your ideas for articles – and get your story assigned!
✔️ Choose your specialization. You can create content for all of the channels of the news agency:
- Gobernanza. Politics, Economy & Business.
- Innovation. Science, Tech & Education.
- Espectaculart. Art, Culture & Sports.
- Glamour. Fashion, Lifestyle, Social Media, Celebrities.
- GapBrave. Travel (Global).
- MADbudget. Travel Guide to Madrid, Spain.
✔️ Group Feedback & Editing Sessions. Get hands-on feedback from our Editor and edit your stories until they are ready for the magazine!
Hands-on journalism mentoring sessions & confabs
✔️ Kick-start your career – your Editor will show you the following tools of success at hands-on journalism mentoring sessions and confabs. Example titles:
- Crafting Your Story & Nailing Your Titles
- Journalism 101: Interviews, Quotes & Sources
- Ace the Pitch & Sell Your Stories
- How to Cover a Press Conference
- What Comes Next: Social Media & Sharing Your Stories
Interactive workshops with RGNN Experts and Mentors.
✔️ The program includes interactive hands-on workshops with prestigious Experts and Mentors.
✔️ Past workshop titles have included, for example:
- “Get Paid to Travel: Taking Your Travel Writing Career (and Income!) to the Next Level” with RGNN Expert and Mentor Benjamin Jones.
- “Cuba in Images: Capturing the Iconic History of Havana: Photojournalism Workshop” with RGNN Expert and Mentor Desmond Boylan.
- “Getting Social: Tips for Future Communicators & Journalists” with RGNN Founder & Manager Jose Luis Barrionuevo Quintela and RGNN Expert and Mentor Juanjo Montanary.
- “Documenting Trinidad, Cuba’s 500 Year-Old Spanish Colonial UNESCO World Heritage Site: Photojournalism Workshop” with RGNN Expert and Mentor Julio Muñoz.
Site visits, excursions & Instagram city tours.
✔️ The program includes cultural immersion site visits and excursions. Sample excursions include:
- UNESCO World Heritage Instagram City Tour: Havana.
- Havana Classic Car Tour.
- UNESCO World Heritage Instagram City Tour: Cienfuegos.
- Cienfuegos City Tour – Malecon & Hotel Estatal.
- UNESCO World Heritage Instagram City Tour: Trinidad.
- Beach Excursion to Playa Ancón.
Included – your personal Insta-photographer!
Finally! No need to ask your friends to take photos of you for your family and friends back home. The Internship Seminar group is accompanied by a photographer who will document all the activities and share the photos with you, so you can use them on your social media and keep your friends and family updated!
Academic & curricular benefits.
Completing a Two-Week Module allows students to obtain the following academic or curricular documentation:
- Certification of Journalism, Photography and Video Portfolio.
- Internship Seminar Certification specializing in Journalism, Photography & Video.
- Certification of Academic Credit. 40 hours/week. Total: 80 hours of academic credit.
- Processing of University Agreements and/or other External Documentation for Academic Credit.
Completing more than one Two-Week Module allows students to obtain the following academic or curricular documentation:
- Letter of Recommendation of Merit, if applicable.
Housing, food, 24 hour local emergency support, transportation, airport pick-up and drop-off.
The Internship Seminar in Cuba includes the following:
✔️ Accommodation in “boutique” style houses with Cuban host families. Six nights in Havana and six nights in Trinidad, Cuba.
✔️ Food. Half-board: breakfast and lunch.
✔️ Transportation in-country, airport pick-up and drop-off.
- Transportation to all program-related activities.
- Transportation Havana-Trinidad-Havana.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off from Havana airport.
✔️ Local emergency support: 24 hours, bilingual (English and Spanish).
Logistical & Academic Welcome Packets. Before the start of the Internship Seminar, enrolled students will receive a Logistical Welcome Packet via email. The Academic Welcome Packet, with updated details such as the updated schedule, will be given to students on the first day of the Internship Seminar in Madrid.
Dates & tuition fees.
July 1-13, 2019.
Application deadline. Spots for the Cuba Internship Seminar are extremely limited. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will close once the program is full.
Selection process. The selection process is rigorous and includes a Skype interview for all candidates of interest. Previous journalism experience is not required, but a passion for journalism, photography and/or video is a must. Open to students, recent graduates, and aspiring journalists.
Group size. Feedback at ROOSTERGNN Academy is hands-on. For this reason, all of our Internship Seminars are extremely selective and limited to small group sizes.
Need-based scholarships & financial aid.
There are need-based scholarships available through our benefactors, please click here for more information. Need-based financial aid is also available for groups of students (e.g. if you are applying with a friend), please click here for more information.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.