Wanna know what college students are wearing all around the world? If you have an #OOTD to share, apply now and get published on RGNN.org!
With the weather cooling down in some areas, people will begin pulling out their fall and winter clothing and accessories soon. One of my favorite accessories are blanket scarves. If you haven’t heard of a blanket scarf before, the name pretty much says it all. They are oversized (almost as large as a blanket) and made of warm, soft material. I love them for the cold weather because they can be dressed up or down, and they keep me warm all day long. Learn a few different and easy ways to tie your blanket scarf below!
- Fold the scarf in half lengthwise and bunch it together.
- Place the scarf around your neck and leave one side longer than the other.
- Wrap the long section around your next once and bring it back to the front.
- Adjust to get your look – I like to keep mine a little messy for a more casual look.
- Unfold the scarf completely and drape it over your shoulders.
- Bring the ends to the front of your body.
- Adjust to get your perfect look – adding a belt around the waist is another way to add a unique twist!
- Hold the scarf lengthwise and fold it in half.
- Put the scarf around your neck then pull the ends through the loop that was made.
- Adjust to your liking!
The scarf featured in these photos was purchased at Torrid for about $27 USD but unfortunately it is no longer for sale. But don’t worry, blanket scarves are sold at many other stores such as Target, Amazon, and Missguided as cheap as $11 USD!
I hope you try out some of these styles, and if you do let us know which was your favorite!
Have amazing style? Wanna share your #OOTD? Apply now and get published on RGNN.org!
Courtney is a senior at Indiana University majoring in journalism with a concentration in photojournalism. She is pursuing minors in Spanish and Marketing. Courtney has a small portrait photography business and is also an Employer Relation Intern at the Walter Center for Career Achievement.