How many of us love lounging around the house in our boyfriend’s softest cotton t-shirt? Well, it turns out that comfy t-shirt could come in even handier. The next time you wash your hair, try drying it with one of these instead of with a towel. While towels are great for absorbing liquid, wrapping your head in cotton is undoubtedly easier on your scalp.
Tips for fighting frizz:
- The t-shirt should be cotton, which unlike many synthetic materials, it is very effective at fighting off the frizz we so often struggle with.
- When blowdrying, make sure to use the nozzle of your hairdryer, as this directs the flow of air, in turn reducing the chance of frizz.
- Point the nozzle downwards so that your hair does not end up sticking up in all different directions, leaving you looking like a crazy person for the rest of the day.
- After blowdrying your hair like this until it is almost dry, switch the setting to cool and dry for a further two minutes. This helps seal the hair cuticles, ensuring your hair maintains its shape for longer.
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase, as this will help keep your hair in shape for the next day.
H&M has lots of cheap cotton t-shirts, such as the one below which you can buy here for $9.99.
This ALASKA BEAR silk pillowcase specifies that it prevents frizzy hair and is available at Amazon for $23.99.
The Revlon Salon 1875W Titanium Hair Dryer is available at Amazon for $28.73.
Do you have what it takes to write about beauty?
Apply now and get published on RGNN!